The Coulter Regional Leadership Program is accepting nominations for participation in the 2015-16 program. This 12-month leadership program is for adult, ages 25 to 55 years of age, who have some involvement in community activities and have the potential to become dynamic leaders. Nominees must reside in the counties of Haywood, Macon, Jackson, Swain, Clay, Cherokee, Graham, or the Qualla Boundary.
Mission Statement: The Coulter Regional Program will connect people from the EBCI with their rural neighbors to together address challenges and pursue opportunities to benefit the region.
The purpose of the Coulter Regional Leadership Program is to create partnerships that work together to create the overall profile of the region, and explore how leaders working across disciplinary and physical boundaries can move the region forward.
- Develop a deeper understanding and appreciation for regional diversity and dynamics
- Effectively apply skills in leadership and regional vision to your current leadership role
- Identify, practice, and align leadership skills with personal goals
- Evaluate decisions made by regional leaders (or leadership bodies) through multiple facets
- Assess how decisions made by regional leaders (or leadership bodies) affect the regional community
- Establish practices of sustainable, intentional, and lifelong leadership development that contribute meaningfully to the region
Participants will engage in case study work, classroom lectures, and experiential learning focused in the area of Tourism & Recreation.
Letters of nomination will be accepted until 5pm on Friday, July 10.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1KyB1tKaFcB-U8QPuRFC_yKPRfR8Ya0jukO81RgrA-tI/viewform; Fax: 828-497-0469, Attn, Juanita Wilson, Program Director; firstname.lastname@example.org; or in-person delivery: WCU/Cherokee Center, 1594 Acquoni Road, Cherokee, NC 28719; Attn: Juanita Wilson, Program Director
The Coulter Regional Leadership Program is part of the WNC Leadership Initiative, funded by the Cherokee Preservation Foundation, and administered locally through WCU.
Info: Juanita Wilson, program director, 497-7920, 788-2579 or email@example.com
– Coulter Regional Leadership Program