ONE FEATHER STAFF REPORT
ANDREWS – Three members of the Cherokee Braves wrestling team placed in their weight divisions at the Smoky Mountain Conference Tournament held at Andrews High School on Saturday, Feb. 5. Levi Swearengin placed 2nd in the 119lb. division, Tavi Rivera took 3rd place in the 160lb. division and John Roper took 2nd place in the 171lb. division. Cherokee traveled light, taking only six wrestlers, so they didn’t really factor into the overall team standings.
- Levi Swearengin (2nd place finish 119lb.) – pinned Ryan Dockery (Murphy), won a decision (9-2) over Byer Owen (Rosman), was pinned by Sean Webb (Swain)
- Wesley Long (145lb.) – pinned by Clay Dotson (Rosman) and Taylor Worden (Hayesville)
- Jessica McCoy (152lb.) – lost by technical fall to John Garret (Murphy), lost by injury default to Dylan Perrone (Andrews)
- Tavi Rivera (3rd place finish 160lb.) – pinned Tyler Ellis (Swain), lost a decision (4-2) to Jesse Beaver (Murphy), pinned Phil Chambers (Andrews), won a decision over Ryan Ball (Robbinsville)
- John Roper (2nd place finish 171lb.) – won a decision over Zach Pennington (Robbinsville), lost a decision to T.J. Henderson (Rosman)
- Raymond Taylor (285lb.) – pinned by Dillon Daniels (Robbinsville) and Alex Craze (Murphy)